Sunday, January 14, 2007

Rat Race and FinanciaL Freedom!

Rat Race and Financial Freedom

What is 'rat race'? Why there are so many people talking about 'rat race' today? If you read about any book talking about financial freedom and wealth, you certainly know about this term ‘rat race’!

So.........,what exactly is the rat race?

Well, we all believe that or we are made to believe that good education ensures you to have good work later in life. A good( well-paid) work ( such as doctor, lawyer, engineer) ensures you a bright future. I was told that I must study hard to get a good-pay job to be successful in life. So, I worked very hard during my school times, I scored perfect scores for almost all subjects in public examinations and I entered university to study medicine,I graduated as a doctor. I worked very hard every day, hoping that I will get what I want in life, but later I realized that no matter how hard I tried, I was not getting anyway in life. I am trading my hours every day to get paid! If I stop working for a month or less, I will lose almost everything!

Imagine how different your life could be if you had both the financial freedom and the time to take your holidays wherever you want, when you want and for as long as you want.

Although you may be earning thousand a dollar an hour, can you quit your job right now and still get one thousand an hour?

Even though working as a doctor pays me well every month ( not so well here in Malaysia although compared to most of the countries in the World), I am still earning better than average, but I still had a felling that this is not what I want out of life ... there is more to life than just going home to work then work to home day after day after day! Are you sure that you will be getting what you get right now if you fall sick one day!

Yes…..You are right. I AM STILL A RAT! I run everyday because I have to find foods. I still have to spend time looking high and low for foods! I AM TRADING MY LIFE TO GET MONEY AND INCOME!

If you do not what to repeat my mistake, find a way to free yourself from this ‘rat race’!

No comments: